Documents Required to Travel To Canada For International Students

If you are an international student planning to study in Canada, you may be wondering what documents are required.

Many students are concerned about the cost of pre-planning their documents. The good news is that obtaining the required documentation is simple. And it doesn’t have to be expensive. Here is a list of documents you will need to prepare for your trip to Canada.


You will need a valid passport that is six months or more beyond the expiration date of your passport. Your passport needs to be valid for at least six months beyond the date that you enter Canada.

If your passport expires within the first six months after you enter Canada, then you will need to get a new passport before your new passport expires. So if you are in the U.S. on a passport that expires in six months and you plan to travel to Canada, you will need to go to the post office to get a new passport.

Student Visa

You will need a valid student visa. The requirements for a student visa depending on your country of citizenship. You can find more information about student visas on the Government of Canada website.

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

To enroll in a program at a post-secondary institution in Canada, you must submit a letter of acceptance from the school or program you wish to attend. This letter can be submitted to the post-secondary institution while you are still in your home country.

If you are applying from within Canada, the school or program you wish to attend must submit an electronic confirmation of acceptance to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The CAS allows you to enroll in a program and get Canadian financial support. The CAS can be submitted before you leave your home country, or you can submit it as soon as you arrive in Canada.

Campus Residence Permit (RPP)

Before you arrive in Canada, you will need to apply for an RPP from the IRCC. The RPP is an official piece of identification that lets you live on campus and participate in extracurricular activities at certain post-secondary institutions.

Depending on the program you are in, you may or may not need to apply for a specific RPP. You can find more information on the IRCC website.

Confirmation of Finances (CFF)

To be eligible for a student loan in Canada, you must submit a CFF. You can submit your CFF with your CAS or while you are in Canada. You will need to submit your CFF every year that you are a student. You can find more information about submitting your CFF on the Canada Student Loans website.


You will need a valid passport, valid student visa, electronic confirmation of acceptance for studies, campus residence permit, and a valid financial declaration form.

You can submit your documents from your home country (or from within Canada), and the IRCC will issue a confirmation of acceptance for studies, issue a campus residence permit and issue a financial declaration form.

Lastly, ensure you visit the Moden News homepage, for more essential details. And also use the comment section, to share your thoughts.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *